Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Truth....

This morning I was reading, The Journey by Walk In The Word, and the topic was Dependency.   This honestly is a subject I struggle with because it often comes up at any Realtor Convention you attend.

Not too long ago I went to a training session for Keller Williams called Quantum Leap (side thought... I love all the training and energy Keller Williams bring to their agents.  It's Awesome!) there were a lot of good points, in fact one of the first quotes in the book was, "True wealth is not about money, it's about abundance and great plenty.(and then.....)  An abundant life is a life marked with Great Plenty in your THINKING, in the ACCOMPLISHMENT of your PERSONAL PURPOSE, in the habits that make your daily life, and in your key relationships.  It's a life in which you ACHIEVE harmony, because YOU know what the important elements are and you actively counterbalance them.   I struggle with those things because I honestly feel that no (blessings) just happen.   The first thought that popped in my mind was, "Seek first His kingdom and righteousness and all these things will be added unto you" if you read that verse further it says.. "So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own".      I have to be honest and say I fail at the "do not worry" part of it sometimes, but as soon as I banish those thoughts and really start trusting again... I'm always blessed.  I see His blessing all the time.   Anyway... back to my original thought while sitting in the class.   I guess for me, I don't ever want to get to a point where I feel like I have control and it's up to me to "Steer my life"... Can you imagine??  I guess that's why Carrie Underwood has that song, "Jesus Take The Wheel".    I know I can't ACCOMPLISH anything on my own, and my PERSONAL PURPOSE is to Glorify God in all that I do.     If you've NEVER read the Bible it's the best user manual available on the shelves!  God designed us and He gave us the best instructions for life ever... for relationships, parenting, marriage, communication, finances... you name it, it's in there.

I'm dependent on God.. but actually it's so much more than that, because that's only a small part.  You have to have the Holy Spirit.   The Journey states... "Part of the Holy Spirits ministry is to lead us into truth.  The Apostle Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 2:14 that the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit.  They are foolishness to him".  Understanding God is not learning practical logic like one would learn Algebra  or Geometry (Thank God!! I wouldn't learn anything then) or even history.  We do not know the things of God without the work of the Spirit of God to open our eyes and give understanding.  Spiritual truth does not make sense to the human mind that is Detached from God.    In our everyday lives, when we depend upon Christ (Not ourselves), we are drawing upon the grace, presence, and power of His indwelling Spirit.  We learn things about Him we never would otherwise, and in areas where we wouldn't normally feel capable, we discover the complete sufficiency of Christ.  Jesus will ALWAYS meet the NEEDS of every heart in which He dwells.  LOVE THAT!!!  That takes me back to my original thought about Life isn't about money... there's so much more, and the really awesome thing is I don't have to worry about it, because God promises he will provide all my NEEDS... and he does.   I'm so Glad I GET THAT.   Because these are scary times and I'm not going to worry about it.    So if you are feeling worried, stressed, sick, poor, lonely, .... check out the best manual out there, the Holy Bible, and know YOU ARE LOVED!

Love,

Heidi

2 comments:

  1. Great post Heidi :)
    This is so very much the heart of why we wanted to work with you :)
    While our finances ARE tight.. and we DO need money.. selling would be great..
    our LIFE isn't about the money..
    but rather about God..
    about HIM taking control..
    and IF it sells... it's HIM
    if it doesn't .. it's HIM..
    (so long as we are sabotaging it! Ha ha)
    really.. it's that learning to wait on God..
    learning the practice.. the daily practice of trusting God...
    it's one thing to say it..
    another to do it..
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant to write..
    "so long as we are NOT sabotaging it..."
    :)
    laughing at myself.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please feel free to share your thoughts and concerns.